I don't think I have blogged about Crest Fest yet. There are a group of girls that I went to high school with that get together once a month. We switch off having it at someone's house/apartment and occasionally go out to eat. We usually pick a theme such as: pajama night and make breakfast food, Halloween themed food in October, etc. The month of March we were to pick a Pinterest recipe to try. It was also the last Crest Fest at Carrie's house before they move to their new house. We came up with the name Crest Fest because we all went to Briarcrest together, and we love to eat! So, Crest Fest only seemed appropriate. We started out with 12-13 girls, but we only have 7 of us left now. The others have moved to other towns either because of getting married, a new job or just for fun! Either way, we always have a good time!
This Crest Fest I decided I would try to make something healthy and something a little... not so healthy.
I will break this post in to two, and I will start with the not so healthy recipe that I tried. For this I made:
S'mores Cookies from this website off of pinterest:
http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/06/smores-cookies.html
My cousin, Spencer, and his girlfriend, Mallory, had come over for dinner- Chings to be exact! A little side note.... If you have not tried Chings Wings, you definitely should!!! Oh. My.Goodness!! Delicious!! Anyways, back to the cookies. I decided I wanted to go ahead and make the cookies so we would have a few to snack on for desert. Well, in natural Laura fashion... I didn't read the recipe very well before hand. Once you mix the dough up, it says to chill it for 1 hour in the fridge, or over night. Well, I didn't have that much time, so Mallory and Spencer helped, and we used the freezer instead of the fridge. All went well to this point...
Well, the recipe calls to line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Well, the beginner in me thought that I would just use the wax paper that I had since I did not have parchment paper. We quickly learned, about 10 minutes later, that there is in fact a difference!! I can't remember exactly what the difference is, but I do know that wax paper in an oven will cause so much smoke in your kitchen that you can barely breathe!! Needless to say we had a bit of a delima on our hands. Here is a picture of us trying to quickly transfer the cookies from the wax paper to a cookie tray without wax paper.
Working hard, and fast! Can't let those goodies burn!
Well, once we got that taken care of, it was pretty easy. All in all, the recipe wasn't very difficult, and didn't really take too long to prepare. Note to self: Placing the dough in the freezer for about 20 minutes will certainly suffice instead of 1 hour in the fridge. Here's a picture of the the cookies, fresh out of the oven!
Cookies freshly prepared and displayed on our new Happy Everything platter. Daniel gave me this platter for Valentine's Day this year, and I was so excited! I love Happy Everything! So cute, and can change out the attachment to match any occasion you can think of!
Before you even ask, YES! These cookies are as good as they look!! Thank you Daniel for my new platter, and thank you Spencer and Mal for your help in making these delicious goodies! I definitely could not have done it without you!!
Stay tuned for Part 2 of March Crest Fest!
Happy Cooking!

No comments:
Post a Comment