Healthy Mozzarella Sticks
This was my "healthy" addition to the March Crest Fest. I found the recipe off of Pinterest from this website: http://everycollegegirl.com/how-to-cook-healthy-mozzarella-sticks/
This recipe was super easy, and did not take any time at all to prepare! I also already had all of the ingredients at my house besides the low calorie cheese sticks and marinara sauce. Plus, it only took approximately 20 minutes to prepare, including cooking time.
Cut the cheese sticks in half. (Note to self... Another example of me needing to read the recipe before hand. It calls for freezing the sliced cheese sticks for 1 hour in the freezer. Thankfully I had an hour to spare.)
Next: one bowl of flour, one with 1 beaten egg and the third with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
Cover the cheese with flour, dip completely in egg, roll in the bread crumb mixture and place on a foil covered cookie sheet.
Serve with marinara, or ranch, and ENJOY! Easy Breezy!!
Here is a picture of our spread, and a small view of Carrie's beautiful dining room.
Well, the last Crest Fest at Carrie's house was a little bitter sweet. It was Lauren's last Crest Fest, and the last one at Carrie and Ryan's first house :( But, one thing is for sure... we always make sure to have a blast! Needless to say, we made the most of our Pinterest-themed March Crest Fest!
This picture is not technically from our most recent Crest Fest, it was actually our going away party for Lauren (She is leaving us for Nashville :() While we will surely miss her, and our nights of Words with Friends :), we are excited for Lauren and her new adventure! And we can't wait for her to host a wonderful Crest Fest weekend in Nashville! So this was not taken at Carrie and Ryan's house, but at Sweet Grass Next Door this past Thursday, April 5th. But, this at least gives you an idea of our great little group!! Though, I should include a picture from our first Crest Fest a couple years ago just to give you an idea of how small our group has gotten (though I'm having trouble finding old pictures right now).
Well, I've rambled enough, again... I'm going to try and think of another event that I have missed out on blogging about. Check back soon!
Happy Cooking!


No comments:
Post a Comment