Friday, July 2, 2010

The Journey Begins....

So like I said in the about me, my mom put together a cookbook to give as hostess gifts for our wedding showers and parties. The cookbook includes Connerley and Barclay family recipes, recipes from the wedding party, hostesses, family members and other friends. My mom titled the cookbook, Cooking With The Connerleys. Daniel suggested we cook through the entire cookbook by our first wedding anniversary, and this is my attempt to capture the memories from this challenge.
The cookbook is comprised of 192 recipes. Now if you think about having 52 weeks in a year, that would average 3.7 recipes being attempted each week. This seems pretty do-able. But, considering the fact that Daniel and I had been married for one whole month before I even went to the grocery (I know, that's pretty sad!), I'm a little behind. Therefore, that leaves 192 recipes to be cooked in 48 weeks, averaging 4 recipes/week. Now this may seem like an easy task for most, and I may discover later that I will have no problem accomplishing our goal. But, I have a feeling that my lack of experience in the kitchen (and shopping at the grocery store) may lead to some difficulty in achieving our task.
I come from a long line of wonderful cooks in my family. My mom is the absolute best cook, her mom and my grandmother (Annie) is a wonderful cook, and her mom and my great grandmother (Bubba) was an amazing cook! Needless to say, I have some big shoes to fill in this family, and I sure hope I received the good cook gene! I'm thinking that maybe I should stick to the first task at hand, finishing the cookbook, and leave the second task, being a good cook, for the second year of marriage. I plan to accomplish the first, finishing the cookbook in a year, and hope somewhere along the way that becoming a good cook falls in to place.
So, as I begin to attempt cooking, I hope you enjoy the stories along the way and cooking with the Connerleys!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment