
While this meal is not in the cookbook, and was not even prepared by Daniel or me, I had to include a picture of our first meal in our home! I began feeling bad the last day of our honeymoon. By the time we arrived in Memphis I was exhausted and feeling even worse. I think the lack of sleep before the wedding had finally caught up with me. The next day, I was at my parent's house working on organizing gifts with my mom, and I was still feeling badly. My mom offered to send me home with all the ingredients needed for potato soup, since I had not been to the grocery store yet and soup always taste good when you are sick. I, of course, kindly accepted her offer. As I was getting ready to leave, we both remembered that I did not have pots, pans, measuring cups or anything required to cook, even something as simple as soup. So, my kind mom offered to cook the soup for me at her house, and then send the pot of cooked soup home with me. Again, I accepted her offer. By the time I made it home to Daniel, I had a car full of borrowed items from my mom's kitchen. She not only made our first dinner in our house, but also provided the bowls, spoons, ladle and even napkins. In case I haven't mentioned it yet, I have the greatest mom of all time! Thank you, Mom, for still taking care of me when I am sick, and making sure my husband does not go hungry!
Happy Cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment